How to Load Minecraft
IMPORTANT: You cannot use Google Chrome or FireFox to play Minecraft from your browser. It will disable Minecraft automatically, so you must use Internet Explorer! If you are playing for the first time, then you will need to change your computer's Java settings to allow Minecraft to load through your browser. The first thing you need to do is access your Java Control Panel (JCP).
- Press the Start button at the bottom left corner.
- Type in 'configure java' in the search box.
- Click on Configure Java at the top left.
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on the Java icon.
Once you're in the JCP, you'll need to whitelist three entries:
- Click on the Security tab at the top.
- Make sure Enable Java content in the browser is checked off.
- Click on the Edit Site List... button at the bottom right.
- Add the following entries:
Now all you need to do to start playing is refresh the page and then click OK anytime Java asks if you want to let Minecraft run.
How to Play Multiplayer
To play online with other players, you will first need to change your username:
- Click on the icon at the top left of the game.
- Choose a username.
- Click OK and the game will restart to change your username.
Now you need to find a server to join. However, you can't just join any server. Since we only have Minecraft 1.5.2 available, you can ony join 1.5.2 servers:
- Find a Minecraft server list that has 1.5.2 servers.
- Find the IP address of the server you want to join and copy it to your clipboard.
- In Minecraft, click on Multiplayer and then Add Server.
- Under Server Name, enter anything you want. But under Server Address, paste the IP address of the server you copied earlier and click Add.
- Now double-click the server and you will begin connecting.
Once you've joined a server, you'll need to register an account by assigning a password for your username. You'll need to do this everytime you join a new server or choose a new username.
To enter a command, press the / key, then type in the command and press Enter.
- Enter the command /register password confirmpassword to create an account, although you'll want to choose a better password than password.
- To log into your account, enter the command /login password if the server needs you to.